Tobin Development specializes in industrial property development. Our clients include private and public companies and private and institutional real estate investors. We provide our clients with real estate development, property acquisition and tenant representation services. Tobin Development has ongoing projects Illinois, Indiana and Florida.
Who we are
Kevin brings over 30 years of commercial real estate experience within multiple sectors to every development. While at CBRE,, Kevin gained significant experience in industrial property brokerage, build-to-suit tenant representation in major US markets, municipal and multi-state incentive negotiations, industrial developer representation in speculative land acquisitions, business park developments and build-to-suit transactions. These transactions totaled over 13.6 million square feet of industrial property, 1,300 acres of land, equaling some $600 million dollars in value.
Kevin’s key strengths include developing and executing industrial and related build-to-suit transactions, specifically:
- Identifying acquisition, disposition and development opportunities
- Development, review and analysis of speculative and build-to-suit pro-formas
- Selection and oversight of brokers, property managers and contractors
- Creating competitive municipal and state incentive negotiations
CBRE Accomplishments Included:
- Pioneered the “Data Bank”, CBRE’s data research tool in Chicago, prior to CoStar
- Numerous Chicago area and regional awards and a national award for sales and leasing
- Named the youngest First Vice President in the history of CBRE and retired the title, based on a minimum ten years’ employment and achievements in industrial property sales and leasing
- Named to the Colbert Coldwell Banker Circle, top 1% of brokers within CBRE
Additional Real Estate Accomplishments:
- Lobbied and passed on behalf of SIOR and AIRE the original Cook County 6B Tax Incentive.
- Achieved 7C Tax Incentive from Cook County for a retail redevelopment
- Provided real estate tax testimony to the City of Chicago Finance Committee & Cook County Board of Commissioners
- Quoted frequently in the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times & Crain’s Chicago Business
- Invited speaker at CBRE and SIOR forecast events
- Achieved SIOR Designation 1985 and CCIM Designation in 1990
- Graduated Arizona State University, BS, Business Administration, Real Estate Major
Selected Build-to-Suit Transactions Include:
- Freightliner Corporation, 250,000 sq.ft. in a build-to-suit acquisition, Addison, IL.
- Bridgestone Tire Company, 255,000 sq.ft. in a build-to-suit acquisition, Addison, IL.
- NEC Home Entertainment, USA, 257,000 sq.ft. in a build-to-suit lease Wood Dale, IL.
- Sanyo Logistics, 300,000 sq.ft. in a build-to-suit acquisition, Bolingbrook, IL.
- Office Max, 800,000 sq.ft. two build-to-suit leases and six other leases across the US and Puerto Rico.
Selected Developer Client Transactions:
- Opus Corporation: Development and leasing of a speculative 160,000 sq.ft., Des Plaines, IL.
- Walsh, Higgins & Company: Planning and leasing of speculative buildings and build-to-suit transactions for the High Grove Business Park, Glendale Heights, IL.
- Messsenger Investment Corporation (CA): Planning and leasing of speculative buildings, totaling 379,300 sq.ft., Des Plaines, IL
- Centrum Properties: Redevelopment and sale of 360,000 sq.ft., Chicago, IL
Selected Tobin Development Projects:
Kevin’s development work has included note acquisitions, multi-tenant industrial property redevelopment, speculative industrial development, acquisition, management and disposition of multi-family properties,
- Acquired land and constructed a speculative 574,249 sq.ft. distribution center, Portage, IN.
- Midpoint USA 574,249 sq.ft. nominee for NAIOP Industrial Spec Development of the Year
- Leased, managed and negotiated the sale of Midpoint USA, Portage, IN.
- Acquired multi-family properties, Chicago, IL.
- Leased, managed and negotiated the sale of multi-family properties, Chicago, IL.
- Acquired distressed notes and redeveloped multi-tenant industrial properties in SW Florida
- Managed and own SW Florida multi-tenant industrial building(s).
- Acquired land for a Family Dollar store in Orlando, FL.
- Constructed, leased and negotiated the sale of a Family Dollar store, Orlando, FL.